Social, energetic, loving
Country of Origin
Short or Long
Clubs, Registries & Associations
(Based on breed recognition. See store for details on this particular puppy.)
- American Canine Hybrid Club
- Designer Breed Registry
- Designer Dogs Kennel Club
- Dog Registry of America, Inc.
- International Designer Canine Registry
The Chiweenie, a cross between a Chihuahua and Dachshund, is typically long like a Dachshund and fairly short-legged. Their head may either have a long, thin muzzle like a Dachshund or have a shorter, more domed head like a Chihuahua. The Chiweenie’s ears can also take on traits of either parent; some have pointed ears like the Chihuahua or the floppy ears of a Dachshund. Their tail is also moderately long like a Dachshund. The Chiweenie's coat ranges from short and wiry to long and silky, and coat colors can include black, tan, brown, red, blond, or multicolored.
- Chiweenies are social, friendly, energetic, and loving. These traits make them a friendly and fun lap dog.
- Due to their size and temperament, the Chiweenie is best suited for families with older children, singles, or seniors.
- Although they are an energetic breed, the Chiweenie does not need a lot of space due to their small size and therefore can adapt to smaller living spaces such as apartments or condos with or without a yard.
- Chiweenies also tend to bark, making them good watchdogs.