Alert, intelligent, loyal
Country of Origin
Clubs, Registries & Associations
(Based on breed recognition. See store for details on this particular puppy.)
- America's Pet Registry, Inc.
- Akita Club of America
- American Canine Association, Inc.
- American Canine Registry
- American Kennel Club
- Continental Kennel Club
- Dog Registry of America, Inc.
- North American Purebred Registry, Inc.
- National Kennel Club
The Akita is a large and muscular breed. They have a long body with a broad chest. Its head is triangular shaped with a short muzzle and teeth that meet in a scissor bite. Their tail is fluffy and curls over the dog’s back. The Akita’s coat can come in a variety of colors including white, red, and brindle.
- The Akita is alert, intelligent, courageous, and loyal. It is also careful and affectionate with its family. Although the Akita may tolerate and be good with children from their own family, they may not accept other children and may bite if teased.
- Due to their intelligent and spontaneous nature, the Akita needs a confident, firm, and consistent owner. Otherwise the dog may become willful and aggressive to other dogs and animals.
- The Akita’s intelligence and alert nature also make them great guard dogs.
- The Akita requires the proper amount of daily mental and physical exercise to avoid becoming bored easily, which can lead to destructive behaviors.