Intelligent, alert, good-natured
Country of Origin
Clubs, Registries & Associations
(Based on breed recognition. See store for details on this particular puppy.)
- American Canine Association Inc.
- American Kennel Club
- American Canine Registry
- American Pet Registry, Inc.
- Continental Kennel Club
- National Kennel Club
- United Kennel Club
The Bernese Mountain Dog is a large, strong and sturdy yet agile dog. Their body is slightly longer than it is tall. The Bernese Mountain Dog’s broad head is flat on the top with a moderate stop, while the muzzle is straight and strong with teeth that meet in a scissors bite. They also have medium sized, triangular ears which are set high and have rounded tips. Their tail is bushy and carried low. The Bernese Mountain Dog has a weather-resistant coat that is moderate in length with hair that is thick and can be slightly wavy or straight. The coat is also tricolor with symmetrical markings of black, rust, and white.
- Bernese Mountain Dogs are cheerful and love children.
- Bernese Mountain Dogs are intelligent and easy to train. They are also natural watchdogs, but are not overly dominant.
- Bernese Mountain Dogs are also self-confident, alert, and good-natured. They are friendly with strangers and generally good with other pets and dogs.
- This breed has also been known to be slow to mature, in that they act like puppies longer than other breeds.