Charming, feisty, amusing
Country of Origin
Wavy to curly, fluffy, medium, soft, wooly
Clubs, Registries & Associations
(Based on breed recognition. See store for details on this particular puppy.)
- Continental Kennel Club
- American Canine Hybrid Club
- Designer Dogs Kennel Club
- Designer Breed Registry
- National Maltipoo Club
- Maltipoo Club of America
The Maltipoo is a cross between the Poodle (toy or miniature) and Maltese. The Maltipoo is a playful breed that accepts obedience training very well. They are known for taking well to housebreaking and picking-up new commands. The Maltipoo is a great little dog for families, seniors, singles and just about anyone willing to provide it with a safe, loving home - apartments included. Bred to be a small, affectionate companion, the Maltipoo makes a great dog for a new pet owner because it is easy to train and so loving and amusing. This is not a breed that can be left outdoors and does not do well when left alone for long or extended periods of time. This can cause them to suffer from separation anxiety. The Maltipoo is small, but needs some activity. They don't require long walks like larger and more energetic breeds, but they also don't do well when left to be a lap dog all day. Allow your Maltipoo to play around the house or take it for short, brisk walks as often as possible and you'll have a stellar companion for life.
- The Maltipoo is an affectionate and charming little dog that's also playful and feisty at times. This makes its personality very attractive to its fans and celebrities alike.
- Your Maltipoo loves to cuddle and is a fairly sensitive dog so it is known for easily picking-up on its owner's mood.
- The Maltipoo (like the Maltese) is not responsive to harsh behavior or scoldings so you need to be calm and humane to own this little dog. They can also suffer from separation anxiety if left alone too long.
- They do well with other pets and are happiest when they are with their owners as they like to be close to their human companions.