Friend, lively, robust
Country of Origin
Clubs, Registries & Associations
(Based on breed recognition. See store for details on this particular puppy.)
- American Canine Association Inc.
- American Canine Registry
- American Kennel Club
- American Pet Registry, Inc.
- Continental Kennel Club
- Dog Registry of America, Inc.
- North American Purebred Registry, Inc.
- National Kennel Club
- United Kennel Club
Commonly called the Westie, the West Highland White Terrier is a small, sturdy breed. It has a blunt muzzle that is tapered, and its teeth meet in a scissor bite. The Westie’s eyes are set deep and almond shaped. Its ears are set wide apart and triangular in shape. The West Highland White Terrier’s legs are also somewhat short. The West Highland Terrier has a double coat that has a straight, harder outer coat and a soft, dense undercoat. Their coat color is solid white.
- The West Highland White Terrier is easy to train, friendly toward strangers, and gets along with kids. It is also lively and confident toward other dogs as well as being robust, friendly, and spirited.
- West Highland White Terriers like to dig and bark.