Playful, devoted, enthusiastic
Country of Origin
Medium Wavy or straight
Clubs, Registries & Associations
(Based on breed recognition. See store for details on this particular puppy.)
- American Canine Association
- Continental Kennel Club
- Universal Kennel Club International
- American Kennel Club
- United All Breed Registry
- America's Pet Registry, Inc.
- United Kennel Club
The Golden Retriever is one of the most popular dogs in the U.S. and is affectionate, obedient and loyal to a fault. Originally bred as a hunting dog for retrieving waterfowl it makes an ideal pet for any type of family because of its patience, versatility and adaptability. Its body is a bit longer than it is tall and it has a strong, lovely athletic build. Their coat comes in various shades of gold and is dense, waterproof and may be wavy or straight. Interestingly, the Golden Retriever is very calm and relaxed indoors despite its hunting roots, though it immensely enjoys activities, such as carrying objects around in its mouth and a good game of catch. The breed is faithful, obedient and easy to train.
- The Golden Retriever does best when kept inside with the family, though it needs daily exercise. This will allow it to burn off its natural energy so it's relaxed during family time.
- The Golden Retriever is very playful. Not surprisingly, it lives up to its name as a great retriever, excelling in games of catch and carrying objects around in its mouth. While it enjoys active time outdoors, the Golden Retriever is calm indoors -- making it a great household pet for anyone. They do especially well with kids too.
- This breed is highly regarded for its love of human companionship. It is faithful, obedient and picks up easily on new commands.
- The Golden Retriever is among the easiest breeds to train. Its enthusiasm for learning new tricks and ability to quickly and easily understand new commands makes it a pleasure to own and train.