The American Bulldog is a muscular, sturdy, and powerful breed. It is agile on its feet, and its chest is wide and somewhat deep. The neck is muscular and tapers from the shoulders to the head. The head is square, large, and broad with muscular cheeks. An American Bulldog’s muzzle is also broad and square. The American Bulldog’s coat can come in a wide variety of brindle colors including white, red, brown, tan, fawn, and piebald.
- The American Bulldog is loyal, reliable, brave, and determined.
- American Bulldogs are alert and self-confident. This breed genuinely loves children and is known for acts of heroism toward its master.
- It has strong protective instincts and needs a firm, confident, and consistent leader. Well-socialize and obedience train American Bulldogs at an early age to prevent them from becoming reserved with strangers or aggressive with other dogs.
- Without enough daily mental and physical exercise, the American Bulldog will become high strung and may become hard to handle.
Clubs, Registries & Associations
- All American Bulldog Club
- American Canine Registry
- American Bulldog Association
- American Canine Association Inc.
- American Pet Registry, Inc.
- Animal Research Foundation
- Continental Kennel Club
- National Kennel Club
- United Kennel Club
(Based on breed recognition. See store for details on this