Active, bold, playful
Country of Origin
Clubs, Registries & Associations
(Based on breed recognition. See store for details on a particular puppy.)
- American Canine Association, Inc.
- American Canine Registry
- American Kennel Club
- American Pet Registry, Inc.
- Continental Kennel Club
- Dog Registry of America, Inc.
- North American Purebred Registry, Inc.
- National Kennel Club
The Shiba Inu is a smaller, compact dog. Its head is proportionate to its body and they have a round muzzle with teeth that meet in a scissor bite. Their ears are small in proportion to the rest of the body and are triangular in shape. The Shiba Inu has a double coat which is comprised of a soft, thick undercoat and a stiff, straight outer coat. Their coat comes in multiple colors including red, black, tan, cream, buff, or gray.
- The Shiba Inu is an alert, confident, courageous, bold, and playful breed.
- The Shiba Inu is known to be a clean dog and many will try to avoid puddles and are somewhat easy to housebreak.
- Shiba Inus are known to not bark very much and will bond closely with their owners.
- A well-adjusted Shiba Inu is playful and good with kids, other dogs, and cats. However, being a natural hunting dog, it shouldn’t be trusted when alone with small pets such as guinea pigs, rabbits, rodents, and birds.
- Even though the Shiba Inu is an undemanding dog that can adapt to your circumstances as long as it gets a daily walk, it is a very active breed with great endurance and will be healthier and happier with regular exercise.