The Cavalier King Charles Spaniel is one of the larger toy breeds yet retains the sporty nature of its spaniel ancestors. They make great lap dogs, yet they are arguably as athletic as a true sporting breed and very much enjoy being exercised. They make great family pets, and some are even raised to be therapy dogs. They have a very regal and elegant appearance with a moderately long and silky coat usually found in solid ruby, black and tan and tricolor (black, tan, and white). Discover more about our Cavalier King Charles Spaniel puppies for sale below!
This breed has been nicknamed “The Comforter Spaniel” which pretty defines their temperament and disposition. The Cavalier King Charles Spaniel is a devoted and affectionate lapdog that thrives on human contact. This dog loves being part of a family.
A sweet and gentle expression is typical of the breed along with long tufts of hair on its feet.
- They thrive in a family environment: they are great with children and excellent with other pets.
- This is not a breed that appreciates being left alone for long periods of time and can suffer from separation anxiety if ignored.
- The breed is very affectionate, happy, playful and eager to please its owners and they adapt well to most environments.
Clubs, Registries & Associations
(Based on breed recognition. See store for details on a particular puppy.)
- American Canine Association
- Continental Kennel Club
- Universal Kennel Club International
- American Canine Registry
- North American Purebred Registry
- American Kennel Club
- America’s Pet Registry, Inc.
- United Kennel Club
- National Kennel Club
- Dog Registry of America
Group: Toy/Companion Dog
Average Weight: 13-18 lbs.
Personality Traits: Graceful, gentle, affectionate
Country of Origin: England
Coat: Medium, silky, wavy, feathering
Check out the Cavalier King Charles Spaniel puppies for sale we currently have in our stores. If there are none here, please contact us and we’ll be in touch.