The Golden Retriever is one of the most popular dogs in the U.S. They are affectionate, obedient and loyal to a fault. Golden’s are lovable, highly intelligent, well-mannered and extremely charming. Originally bred as a hunting dog for retrieving waterfowl it makes an ideal pet for any type of family. They make a great family dog because of its patience, versatility, and adaptability. A golden retriever is super easy to train because of how smart and devoted they are to their owner. Goldens are gentle and playful with children and other pets, making them a perfect family pet. The Golden Retriever’s body is a bit longer than it is tall and it has a strong, lovely athletic build. Their coat comes in various shades of gold and is dense, waterproof and may be wavy or straight. Discover more about our Golden Retriever puppies for sale below!
Interestingly, the Golden Retriever is very calm and relaxed indoors despite its hunting roots. However, they immensely enjoy activities, such as carrying objects around in its mouth and a good game of catch. The breed is faithful, obedient and easy to train.
Now that you know a little about the breed, take a look at the Golden Retriever’s disposition.
Golden Retriever Disposition
- The Golden Retriever does best when kept inside with the family, though it needs daily exercise. This will allow it to burn off its natural energy, so it’s relaxed during family time.
- The Golden Retriever is very playful. Not surprisingly, it lives up to its name as a great retriever, excelling in games of catch and carrying objects around in its mouth. While it enjoys active time outdoors, the Golden Retriever is calm indoors — making it a great household pet for anyone. They do especially well with kids too.
- This breed is highly regarded for its love of human companionship. It is faithful, obedient and picks up easily on new commands.
- The Golden Retriever is among the easiest breeds to train. Its enthusiasm for learning new tricks and the ability to quickly and easily understand new commands makes it a pleasure to own and train.
Clubs, Registries & Associations
(Based on breed recognition. See store for details on this particular puppy.)
- American Canine Association
- Continental Kennel Club
- Universal Kennel Club International
- American Kennel Club
- United All Breed Registry
- America’s Pet Registry, Inc.
- United Kennel Club
Average Weight: 55-75 lbs.
Personality Traits: Playful, devoted, enthusiastic
Country of Origin: Scotland
Coat: Medium Wavy or straight
Check out the Golden Retriever puppies for sale we currently have in our stores. If there are none here, please contact us and we’ll be in touch.