The Maltese are a perfect lap dog. The little dogs are extremely lovable, playful and they very much adore being spoiled, praised and pampered by their owners. They have a beautiful and easily identifiable straight, long white coat that if not groomed will grow to nearly touching the ground. Discover more about our Maltese puppies for sale below!
They are alert and gentle with a kind-of trot to their gait and can appear to be floating when they move. The Maltese is highly intelligent and eager to learn from its owner.
Don’t let this tiny dog’s stature fool you though, it is a feisty breed and bold too, not afraid to stand up for itself to larger dogs. They are playful and confident and actually make good watchdogs because they bark at strangers and other dogs.
- The Maltese is a delicate little dog with a feisty personality, though its disposition is very sweet and trusting. That said, you should not over-coddle the Maltese because it’s not good for this breed. If the Maltese becomes the pack leader it can develop behavioral problems, such as stress and anxiety.
- It’s not recommended for families with younger, small children.
- You need to be calm and humane to own this little dog and give consistent leadership using only motivational training methods. You can love your Maltese all you want, just establish a firm, clear chain of command.
Clubs, Registries & Associations
(Based on breed recognition. See store for details on this particular puppy.)
- American Canine Association
- Continental Kennel Club
- Universal Kennel Club International
- American Kennel Club
- United All Breed Registry
- America’s Pet Registry, Inc.
- United Kennel Club
Average Weight: 4-6 lbs.
Personality Traits: Playful, feisty, lovable
Country of Origin: Malta
Coat: Long, silky, straight
Check out the Maltese puppies for sale we currently have in our stores. If there are none here, please contact us and we’ll be in touch.