The Papitese is a hybrid mix between the Papillon and Maltese breeds. Sometimes called the Maltillon, these dogs are very smart, friendly and wonderful to have around. The breed picked-up the coloring of the Papillon, the long coat of the Maltese and the temperament of both. They are wonderfully sweet in nature and easily trainable because they are so eager to please. They come in almost any color including cream, gold, white, silver, blue and black though most are a combination. Their double coat is usually long, soft and wavy. Discover more about our Papitese puppies for sale below!
They may also be non-shedding like a Maltese or light shedding like a Papillon but make a good companion for those with allergies to dogs. The Papitese is going to show you a cheerful, affectionate and loyal personality.
- They are gentle, responsive and very social little dogs that love to be around people, dogs, cats and other pets. Playtime with family is a plus for this breed and regular walks will suffice for exercise.
- Not good for cold climates.
- Papitese are highly intelligent and easy to obedience train but be sensitive while doing so because harsh words can easily frighten and upset them.
Clubs, Registries, & Associations
(Based on breed recognition. See store for details on this particular puppy.)
- American Canine Hybrid Club
- Designer Dogs Kennel Club
- International Designer Canine Registry
- Designer Breed Registry
Average Weight: 6-0 lbs.
Personality Traits: Sweet, intelligent, social
Country of Origin: United States
Coat: Soft, long, wavy
Check out the Papitese puppies for sale we currently have in our stores. If there are none here, please contact us today and we’ll be in touch with you shortly. Our patient staff looks forward to helping you and your family find a great puppy.