Graceful, gentle, affectionate
Country of Origin
Medium, silky, wavy, feathering
Clubs, Registries & Associations
(Based on breed recognition. See store for details on this particular puppy.)
- American Canine Association
- American Canine Registry
- American Kennel Club
- America's Pet Registry, Inc.
- Continental Kennel Club
- Dog Registry of America
- National Kennel Club
- North American Purebred Registry
- United Kennel Club
- Universal Kennel Club International
The Cavalier King Charles Spaniel is one of the larger toy breeds yet retains the sporty nature of its spaniel ancestors. They make great lap dogs yet they are arguably as athletic as a true sporting breed and very much enjoy being exercised. They make great family pets and some are even raised to be therapy dogs. They have a very regal and elegant appearance with a moderately long and silky coat usually found in solid ruby, black and tan and tricolor (black, tan, and white). A sweet and gentle expression is typical of the breed along with long tufts of hair on its feet.
- They thrive in a family environment: they are great with children and excellent with other pets.
- This is not a breed that appreciates being left alone for long periods of time and can suffer from separation anxiety if ignored.
- The breed is very affectionate, happy, playful and eager to please its owners and they adapt well to most environments.