Very smart, obedient, loving
Country of Origin
Long straight/Long curly
Clubs, Registries & Associations
(Based on breed recognition. See store for details on this particular puppy.)
- American Canine Hybrid Club
- Designer Dogs Kennel Club
- International Designer Canine Registry
- Designer Breed Registry
The Cockapoo is an adorable hybrid mix between the Cocker Spaniel and Poodle. It comes from two very smart breeds and is therefore also very intelligent. This dog loves mental stimulation and will do very well with training and obedience. It's a low-shedding breed so it's great for people with pet allergies. A popular companion dog, the Cockapoo has a super joyful nature, very affectionate personality and is eager to please its owner. Your Cockapoo will delight in performing tricks or it'll be happy just to hang out and cuddle. There are three sizes of Poodle, so there are three sizes of Cockapoo. The toy or teacup Cockapoo is the smallest and will more than likely weigh less than 12 pounds. The Miniature Cockapoo weighs between 13 and 18 pounds. The Standard (Maxi) can weigh more than 19 pounds. The Cockapoo has a single, long coat that can range from straight to loose curls. Cockapoos can be found in all colors and color combinations that are seen in both Cocker Spaniels and Poodles — a more rich variety of coat colors than is usual in many other breeds.
- The Cockapoo is a great family dog: it's clever, docile and very happy.
- The Cockapoo will get along very well with kids and other pets and is easy to please.
- This breed loves companionship so it does not do well when left alone for long periods of time. It truly wants to be a part of its owners life and will adapt wonderfully to almost all situations when given love, training and exercise.