The Great Dane is a great dog breed, also known as a gentle giant or the “Apollo of Dogs.” Obviously it’s a very large breed and noble too. The Great Dane requires consistent and committed leadership because of its size and needs to be taught good manners while still a puppy so he or she learns how to safely interact with people. For example, a Great Dane can easily knock over an unsuspecting person with one mere jump. That said, the Great Dane is actually a sweet, affectionate and truly gentle breed. It has an athletic, muscular body with a giant head, a long, graceful neck, and a long and narrow body. Discover more about our Great Dane puppies for sale below!
- They are gentle and docile yet make great watchdogs because they are so loyal to their family.
- Though they look imposing, Great Danes are one of the best-natured dogs around and they do very well with small children and are known for how affectionate they are toward kids. They also do well with other pets.
- They are high energy and must be exercised.
Clubs, Registries & Associations
(Based on breed recognition. See store for details on this particular puppy.)
- American Canine Association
- Continental Kennel Club
- Universal Kennel Club International
- American Kennel Club
- United All Breed Registry
- America’s Pet Registry, Inc.
- United Kennel Club
Group: Working Dog
Average Weight: 100-200 lbs.
Personality Traits: Sweet, playful, gentle
Country of Origin: Germany
Check out the Great Dane puppies for sale we currently have in our stores. If there are none here, please contact us and we’ll be in touch.