The Havanese is a small, sturdy dog with immense charm and appeal. Native to Cuba, the Havanese are friendly, intelligent and playful. The breed is a bit longer than tall and has a long, untrimmed double coat that comes in white, cream, gold, brown, black, silver or blue. Both outer and undercoats are soft and lightweight to ensure protection from the sun and as a cooling agent because this breed is from a tropical climate. This also means that the Havanese needs to be kept warm in cold temperatures in spite of having a double coat. Discover more about our Havanese puppies for sale below!
Fans of this breed love its unique, springy gait — a result of the breed’s structure and playful, spirited personality. They are quick to learn but also very sensitive so harsh training methods will cause them to rebel; however, they require leadership from their owners, or they have a tendency to lead by themselves which can result in behavior issues.
- The Havanese breed is gentle, devoted, affectionate, friendly and playful.
- The Havanese requires a daily walk or jog with off-leash play in a safe area. Keep in mind they do not do well in cold temperatures.
- Good with children and other pets when socialized at an early age.
Clubs, Registries & Associations
- American Canine Association
- Continental Kennel Club
- Universal Kennel Club International
- American Kennel Club
- United All Breed Registry
- America’s Pet Registry, Inc.
- United Kennel Club
Average Weight: 7-14 lbs.
Personality Traits: Curious, observant, highly intelligent
Country of Origin: Cuba
Coat: Long double coat
Check out the Havanese puppies for sale we currently have in our stores. If there are none here, please contact us and we’ll be in touch. Our patient staff is available to answer any questions you might have.