The Newfoundland is widely considered one of the most intelligent dog breeds in the world, also the most skilled at water rescue. Consider this, Newfoundland’s massive size, power, and strength allow it to drag a drowning man from a choppy ocean. Today the dogs are mostly companion pets but remain highly regarded as working dogs. The coat is most often black but can also be found in brown or gray. The Landseer coat, white with black markings, is also common. This dog does shed. The Newfie is sweet, gentle (despite its intimidating size) and has a very even-keeled temper. This dog will be extremely obedient to its owner. Discover more about our Newfoundland puppies for sale below!
- The Newfoundland will serve you with great loyalty, devotion, and dedication with a keen sense of understanding your human emotions.
- They make great watchdogs because they will place themselves between their owner(s) and an intruder, even though they are not aggressive in nature. It’s their protection instinct.
- When socialized early, your Newfoundland will show great patience and kindness toward other pets and children.
- Despite its working breed history, the Newfie is actually a bit of a lazy dog and will not require a whole lot of exercise, just enough to allow it to burn off steam so it can go back indoors and relax.
Clubs, Registries & Associations
(Based on breed recognition. See store for details on a particular puppy.)
- Dog Registry of America, Inc.
- American Canine Registry
- American Kennel Club
- American Pet Registry, Inc.
- Continental Kennel Club
- North American Purebred Registry, Inc.
- National Kennel Club
- United Kennel Club
Average Weight: 120-150 lbs.
Personality Traits: Intelligent, daring, generous
Country of Origin: Newfoundland
Coat: Double coat, Under: dense/soft, Outer: length/waterproof/straight or wavy/coarse
Check out the Newfoundland puppies for sale we currently have in our stores. If there are none here, please contact us and we’ll be in touch.