The Scottish Terrier, sometimes called a Scottie for short, is a small, sturdy breed with short legs. Its head is long and slightly domed. Their muzzle is about the same length as the skull and has teeth that meet in a scissor or level bite. The Scottish Terrier has a compact, coarse, and wiry outer coat with a soft undercoat. Their coat is typically groomed so that it has longer hair on the beard, eyebrows, legs, and lower part of the body. Their coat colors can come in black, brindle, wheaten, and sometimes with a little white on the chest. Discover more about our Scottish Terrier puppies for sale below!
- Brave, hardy, and friendly. It can also be lively, proud, intelligent, and independent.
- Due to its alert nature, the Scottish Terrier is known to make a good watchdog.
- This breed can be stubborn and therefore needs socialization and a firm, but gentle handling beginning at an early age or it may try to dominate the household.
- The Scottish Terrier likes to dig, enjoys walks, loves to play games, and is a thoroughly sporty breed. Because of its sporty and hardy nature, the Scottish Terrier has been described as the dog that can go anywhere and do anything.
Clubs, Registries & Associations
(Based on breed recognition. See store for details on a particular puppy.)
- American Canine Association, Inc.
- American Canine Registry
- American Kennel Club
- American Pet Registry, Inc.
- Continental Kennel Club
- Dog Registry of America, Inc.
- North American Purebred Registry, Inc.
- National Kennel Club
- United Kennel Club
Average Weight: 19-23 lbs.
Personality Traits: Alert, proud, friendly
Country of Origin: Scotland