Soft Coated Wheaten Terriers are a compact and squarely proportioned breed. Their head is moderately long and rectangular in appearance with a strong, short muzzle with teeth that meet in a scissor bite. Their ears are level with the skull and V-shaped. The Soft Coated Wheaten Terrier has a wavy coat that comes in various shades of wheaten. As puppies, they are born with a dark brown coat and lighten to the wheaten color around two years of age.
- Soft Coated Wheaten Terriers are an agile and strong breed. They are also playful and friendly.
- The Soft Coated Wheaten is an alert dog which barks at the arrival of guests, making it a great watchdog.
- Soft Coated Wheaten Terriers are typically loving towards children and get along well with other dogs. However, an unsocialized Soft Coated Wheaten Terrier with a meek owner can end up being aggressive towards other dogs and cats.
- Being sweet-natured, this breed can have a puppy-like attitude which remains with them throughout their life.
Clubs, Registries & Associations
(Based on breed recognition. See store for details on a particular puppy.)
- Continental Kennel Club
- American Kennel Club
- United Kennel Club
- National Kennel Club
- American Pet Registry, Inc.
- American Canine Registry
- Dog Registry of America, Inc.
- North American Purebred Registry, Inc.
- American Canine Association Inc.
Average Weight: 30-45 lbs.
Personality Traits: Agilee, playful, friendly
Country of Origin: Ireland