Alert, happy, loyal
Country of Origin
Clubs, Registries & Associations
(Based on breed recognition. See store for details on a particular puppy.)
- American Canine Association, Inc.
- American Canine Registry
- American Kennel Club
- American Pet Registry, Inc.
- Continental Kennel Club
- Dog Registry of America, Inc.
- North American Purebred Registry, Inc.
- National Kennel Club
- United Kennel Club
The Shih Tzu is a small breed with a body which is slightly longer than it is tall. Its head is round and broad. Its muzzle is square and short with teeth that meet in a level or under bite. The Shih Tzu has low set, large pendant-shaped ears which hang down. They also have a double coat that is dense, long, and comes in all colors.
Despite the look of their fur, Shih-Tzu's do not shed a lot. Check out our blog on other types of dogs that don't shed.
- The Shih Tzu is an alert, happy, loyal, and lively breed.
- Due to its happy and gentle temperament, the Shih Tzu can make friends easily and responds well to patient, consistent training. It also likes to be with people and is usually good with other pets.
- Being an alert breed, the Shih Tzu can also make an good watchdog.