The Basset Hound is a short and relatively heavy breed. Their head is large and well-proportioned with a rounded skull. Their muzzle is deep and heavy with the length being longer than the width. Their teeth are large and meet in either a scissor or even bite. The Basset Hound’s eyes are brown and have a soft, sad look to them. The Basset Hound’s skin also hangs loose and is folded on the head. One of their most recognized features; the Basset Hound’s ears are set low, very long, and hang toward the ground. Their coat is shiny, dense, and short. The Basset Hound’s colors are usually black, tan, white, red, or white with tan colored markings. Discover more about our Basset Hound puppies for sale below!
|Breed Group||Average Weight||Personality Traits||Country of Origin||Coat|
|Hound||45-60 lbs.||Gentle, peaceful, and devoted||France||Short|
- The Basset Hound is a sweet, gentle, devoted, and naturally well-behaved breed; which makes it good at fitting into family life.
- The Basset Hound may be a mild breed, but it is not timid.
- The Basset Hound is affectionate with its master and friendly with children but can sometimes be a bit stubborn with meek owners and therefore needs a confident, consistent, and firm owner who displays authority.
- Housebreaking can be difficult, but they do well with a patient and gentle trainer.
- Sometimes it can be hard to get their attention if they pick up an interesting smell since they like to follow their noses and may not even hear you calling them back.
Clubs, Registries & Associations
(Based on breed recognition. See store for details on a particular puppy.)
- American Canine Association Inc.
- American Canine Registr
- American Kennel Club
- American Pet Registry, Inc.
- Continental Kennel Club
- National Kennel Club
- United Kennel Club
Average Weight: 45-60 lbs.
Personality Traits: Gentle, peaceful, devoted
Country of Origin: France
Check out the Basset Hound puppies for sale we currently have in our stores. If there are none here, please contact us and we’ll be in touch.