The Yorkshire Terrier is a sprightly, small breed and one of the most popular in the U.S. Its head is flat on top and their muzzle is medium-sized with teeth that meet in a scissors or level bite. Their ears are V-shaped. The Yorkshire Terrier’s coat is long, fine, and silky and falls straight down to their side. As adults, their coat is a steel blue and tan color, but as puppies, it is brown, black, and tan. They are considered to be a low-shedding breed. Discover more about our Yorkshire Terrier puppies for sale below!
Yorkshire Terrier puppies may be small and dainty, but don’t let that fool you – these little dogs are tenacious, feisty, brave, and sometimes bossy. The Yorkie exhibits all the traits of a true terrier. Weighing no more than seven pounds, they pack a lot a lot of attitude in those little bodies.
- Yorkshire Terriers are eager for adventure and seem oblivious of their small size. Although small, they are energetic, loyal, brave, and clever.
- Yorkshire Terriers are affectionate with their master but can become yappy, apprehensive of strangers, and aggressive to other dogs and small animals without strong leadership from its owner.
- Due to their small size, Yorkshire Terriers are commonly only recommended for families with older, more considerate children.
Clubs, Registries & Associations
(Based on breed recognition. See store for details on a particular puppy.)
- Continental Kennel Club
- American Kennel Club
- United Kennel Club
- National Kennel Club
- American Pet Registry, Inc.
- American Canine Registry
- Dog Registry of America, Inc.
- North American Purebred Registry, Inc.
- American Canine Association, Inc.
|Breed Group||Average Weight||Personality Traits||Country of Origin||Coat|
|Terrier||7 lbs.||Energetic, brave, loyal||United Kingdom||Long|
Check out Yorkshire Terrier puppies for sale we currently have in our stores. If there are none here, please contact us and we’ll be in touch.