The Cocker Spaniel is a much-beloved breed and rightfully so! The smallest of the Sporting Group, it is a very wise breed with a sturdy, compact body and a cleanly chiseled and refined head, really just an ideal size. The Cocker Spaniel is capable of considerable speed and great endurance. Its medium-length, silky coat comes in black, liver, red, gold, tan and tricolor. They are sweet, charming and cheerful but should be trained as a puppy. The Cocker Spaniel can become shy and/or aggressive if not socialized well and given its daily walk and mental stimulation. The breed comes in two varieties: the English Cocker Spaniel and American Cocker Spaniel. Originally bred for hunting, today’s Cocker Spaniel is really more of a loving, caring family companion. Discover more about our Cocker Spaniel puppies for sale below!
- The Cocker Spaniel is highly sensitive, very keen to obey instructions and wants to be taught right from wrong at an early age.
- They have a wonderfully cheerful demeanor and love staying indoors,
- though – owing to their energy level – should be given daily walks.
- The Cocker Spaniel is a very loving and pleasing dog with a “soft” personality so harsh training methods will make it fearful: use gentle, consistent training to get the best results.
Clubs, Registries & Associations
(Based on breed recognition. See store for details on this particular puppy.)
- American Canine Association
- Continental Kennel Club
- Universal Kennel Club International
- American Kennel Club
- United All Breed Registry
- America’s Pet Registry, Inc.
- United Kennel Club
Average Weight: 24-29 lbs.
Personality Traits: Smart, sensitive, active
Country of Origin: England
Coat: Medium length, Silky/wavy
Check out the Cocker Spaniel puppies for sale we currently have in our stores. If there are none here, please contact us and we’ll be in touch.