The Dalmatian is a well-known dog breed, famous for its white coat with black and/or brown spots, though they can also be lemon, dark blue, tricolored, brindled, solid white or sable. Dalmatian puppies are born without spots, but they develop weeks later. The Dalmatian is a large, strong and muscular dog whose teeth meet in a scissors bite and whose ears are set high, hanging down and gradually taper to a rounded tip. Best known as the star of Disney’s 101 Dalmatians, this sleek and athletic breed has a history that goes back several hundred years. Historically used as a carriage dog, but has also served in many other capacities, including hunter and firehouse dog. Discover more about our Dalmatian puppies for sale below!
- Eager and playful companion; however, should be exercised in a secure area because the Dalmatian is known to roam and is capable of running for miles at a time before getting tired.
- The Dalmatian is most suitable for owners who can give it attention and time for exercise as they’re capable of great endurance and a fair amount of speed.
- Dalmatians may be too lively and active for very young children. Within their preferred circle of humans, they are smart, loyal and loving house dogs.
- Dalmatians are good around horses and other pets, but usually reserved and/or aloof towards people they do not know.
Clubs, Registries & Associations
(Based on breed recognition. See store for details on a particular puppy.)
- American Canine Association
- Continental Kennel Club
- Universal Kennel Club International
- American Kennel Club
- American Canine Association Inc.
- America’s Pet Registry, Inc.
- American Canine Registry
Group: Companion Dog (Non-sporting)
Average Weight: 48-55 lbs
Personality Traits: Intelligent, outgoing, athletic
Country of Origin: Unknown, though a very old breed, having come through many centuries virtually unchanged.
Coat: Short with fine dense hairs
Check out the Dalmatian puppies for sale we currently have in our stores. If there are none here, please contact us and we’ll be in touch.